Saturday, November 15, 2008

My First Blog Award


A big thanks to Rachel at Common"cents"ical for awarding me my first blog award. I started blogging a few months back to beef up my technical skills, as well as to help others learn how to find deals and save money for their family. I never knew how much I would enjoy blogging, and how many great blogger friends I would make along the way. Rachel is a local MN blogger who shares great deals and fun giveaways.

As part of being a Kreativ Blogger award recipient, I need to talk about 6 things in my life that I am thankful for, and then recognize 6 blogs that I enjoy.

I'm thankful for:

1. My husband - (aka Daddy Diva): He's a very talented, hard-working project manager who loves his family.

2. My oldest son - (aka Junior D): He is a clever, creative, and kind-hearted "big" guy who loves preschool, swimming lessons, and playing with his friends. He's mom's little helper in the kitchen.

3. My youngest son - (aka Baby D): Although he's 2 now, he'll always be my baby. This sweet, spirited little guy loves playing with cars and hanging out with his big brother.

4. Our friends, family, and church: We are truly blessed to have wonderful friends and caring grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins who help guide us in raising our boys.

5. Our Jobs: In this economy, we feel very fortunate to both have great jobs that we enjoy getting up for each day.

6. No Debt: Learning to save money has helped us live debt free. We are thankful that we have no debt, except our mortgage, which we are aggresively chipping away at each month.
And finally, here are some great blogs I enjoy:
Northern Cheapskate - Another MN blogger with great posts.
Money Saving Mom - As most of you know, MSM is addictive.
A Year of Crockpotting - I love, love, love my crockpot. This blog inspires me to do more.
The Centsible Sawyer - Denise has wonderful ideas for saving money.
Super Coupon Girl - I love her pictures of shopping trip deals.
Common Sense with Money - Mercedes comes up with great deal scenarios.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Thanks for mentioning me!