Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Lowdown on Product Testing - Part 2

Remember that package of ice cream on my doorstep that I blogged about last week? Well, it was my Haagen Dazs party kit from SheSpeaks, and it included 7 pints of ice cream, an ice cream scoop, coupons, recipes, and sampling supplies.

Today, I’m profiling SheSpeaks, a forum-based product review company for women only. If you missed Part 1 – click HERE. Here’s the lowdown on how SheSpeaks works.

Getting Started

Prospective female testers sign up on the SheSpeaks website and answer a series of questions about themselves. There is no cost to become a product tester. The SheSpeaks staff will match available products to testers based on tester profile.

Product Tester Requirements

Once you are selected for a product test, you will receive a package in the mail within a few weeks. After you’ve tried the product, you are asked to provide feedback to SheSpeaks and discuss the product with other testers on the SheSpeaks discussion boards. You will also receive product information and coupons to share with friends and family.

What I’ve Tested

I’ve been a tester for SheSpeaks for the past few months. In that time, I’ve tested two products – Ghirardelli Chocolate and Haagen Dazs ice cream. (Can you tell this is for women?!?) I’ve also recently been asked to product test a popular cooking magazine and will be receiving a free one-year subscription as part of the test.

What’s Unique About SheSpeaks

SheSpeaks has recently rolled out the “taste taste party” concept. With these, testers are asked to invite friends and family to try out the products and provide feedback. The Haagen Dazs product test is one of these. Last week’s Haagen Dazs ice cream social was a blast, and my guests came up with great feedback for the manufacturer.

Up Next: Part 3 – I’ll share with you the Buzz about a company called BzzAgent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your blog from Attention Target Shoppers - yeah for the Attitude of Gratitude Award! I'm a Bzz Agent and I love all the great products we get to try out for free. I'm going to look into SheSpeaks and add you to my list of daily blogs to check. Blog On!