Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mail Call – Deals on the Doorstep



Yesterday I arrived home to two large packages on our front porch.

The first one was a replacement part for Baby D’s new Lightening McQueen bed from Costco. That’s right, the bed we just bought a few weeks ago…the one that was such a great deal…the one that I called such a high quality bed. As it turned out, less than a week after buying the bed, the trundle drawer broke. Disassembling the bed (which took several hours to assemble) was not an option. Instead, I called the manufacturer, explained the situation, and was able to get them to ship us replacement parts free of charge. Meanwhile, Daddy D rigged the drawer with more robust screws. Problem solved. Now, if only Baby D would decide to sleep in it!

The next package was a giant box full of ice cream. That’s right…ice cream! I opened the outer cardboard box to reveal a Styrofoam cooler packed with 7 pints of Haagen Dazs ice cream (securely packed in dry ice). Also included was another box filled with an ice cream scoop, a Haagen Dazs reusable tote bag, individual sampling bowls and spoons, recipe cards, and a stack of high-value coupons. Did I win the lottery??? No, but I did get this all free. What am I going to do with it? Stay tuned for my next post, where I begin a series on consumer product testing.


Up for a movie? Head over to Redbox and use code MMM325 for a free rental (good today –Wednesday- only). For more free rental codes sign-up at www.redbox.com to receive free codes via e-mail on Mondays and Wednesdays, or check out www.insideredbox.com for free codes that will work anytime.

No comments: